Thursday, 12 January 2012

Up The Hill

I'm Jill Jackson. I'm a new mom to a now 10 month old boy and I'm on a mission to start my own custom paper company from my home in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I'm documenting my journey to make Jill + Jack Paper a reality. The blog is an outlet to share my ups and downs along the way (fingers crossed for more ups) and to share what inspires me to do what I do. 

So since this is the beginning, I'll start with my first paper project - my own wedding invitations. I'm all about DIYs and I know what I love, so why not save a buck and make my own invitations, thank you cards and other paper 'stuff' for the wedding? The invitations were perfectly 'me', they only cost $40 for printing, and I loved every second of the process. 

We had a small cottage wedding surrounded by the people we loved. I wanted the invitation to have  cottage charm and to reflect our loves - so I incorporated our favourite things (our dog, our cottage, surf, traveling, etc.) into the heart on the front.






No comments:

Post a Comment